I would like to re-open an issue to start it over if a custom field for a team selection is changed.
I can't seem to find anything that will transition an issue after a field is updated.Anything out there I can use for this?
You'll need to find or write a listener that can pick up any event that might mean the field could have changed, check for the change and issue the transition.
I don't think the Automation add-on can do the field confition, but other add-ons can. I would, of course, use the Script Runner to do it (as I use it for almost everything).
Ah yes Scriptrunner - I will test that now - Thanks!
Currently stuck on the logic to pickup the change in the field value.I want to essentially perform the following condition check when an item is updated:"cfValues['Group Number'] is updated"
Scriptrunner does not like the syntax here. It seems to want a value I have as an option in the dropdown menu for the field. Would you happen to know what the syntax would look like for picking up a field update?
I've not worked with the conditions much, I don't know if they can pick up that.
I've done it in pure code (i.e. just a "scripted listener" without any condtions) with something like:
def
change = event?.getChangeLog()?
.
find
{it.field ==
"My Field"
}
if
(change) {
I agree with adding a listener answer.
I had to transition from New -> Open when a particular field was set.
So basically if cfValues['myField or myCustomField'] != null then transition to Open -
The events I had to apply this on were on Create and on Update.
The best way, I think, is to use add a Listener which appears as "Script Listeners" in the side panel under "SCRIPTRUNNER"
it will be easy peasy once you click on "Add New Item" once you are on the Listener page. Fill in the form and add your listener and enjoy...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.