Hi.
I am new with Scriptrunner in Jira Cloud and want to clarify some question.
Thank you!
Yes and no.
SR can't run the command line on the servers running Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket - SR and other apps have no access to the servers running a Cloud instance. Equally, the apps have no access to the 3rd party servers they are running on (to put it nicely, it's an attack vector that no-one would want to open up)
But you could write scripts that could run shell commands on a remote server. You'd obviously need to set up that remote server to let SR in to run the commands, and define how it does it. And yes, I've done this as a poc - there is a Jira cloud instance that can turn one of my living room lights on and off as an issue moves through its workflow.
TLDR: yes, you can use SR to talk to other non-atlassian systems.
Your second question is an interesting one for me, I can't tell you if you can create users that way, but that's because I don't work with Google that much. If there's a remote API for "create google user", then I am pretty sure SR can trigger it, but I can't say for definite until I've looked.
I think the best approach would be the check out the Adaptavist documentation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.