Hello!
I use Confluence for our manufacturing procedures for making a product and Comala Document Management for approval loops.
I currently have page level permissions so nobody can edit specific documents unless approved through our internal processes but this is becoming overwhelming having to manually open then later re-restrict permissions for an ever increasing number of documents. Is there any way to have a time-based permission for specific users such that it will remove that person's access after some amount of time automatically? For example, we approve a change on a procedure, I grant permission to Joe to make it, then after 14 days, it automatically removes his permission to edit the document.
Another possible solution I thought of is to use a different space with space-level permissions to make editing impossible there. In this case, I'm not sure how to allow changes at all without copying and editing a new page - document revision history is important to conserve. Changes could be made offline then copied into the existing document by an admin, but that seems like another unstable situation.
Any help would be appreciated - thanks!