So I have a group that has a 200+ projects a year. These are not phases, they are each unique projects.
* They have latched on to the PROJECT KEY being a way to help them distinguish projects.
*I looked into it, and saw the information below, but then when I tried t his on cloud, I seemed to have a limit of 10 not 20.
*What are the limitations of the PROJECT KEY in JIRA Cloud? I cannot seem to find it spelled out like below.
*Are we approaching this wrong, and what them not get hung up on the project key?
*I did encourage them to think of good project names, but I think its because when they open a ticket they see ABC-123 they want the "ABC" to make sense.
Any help/thoughts/guidance appreciated 
Regarding Project Key; information found here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/changing-the-project-key-format-938847081.html)
- regarding the project key
- It is recommended that the key be as short as possible. It is not supposed to be descriptive, but rather recognizable and unique. The name and theme of the project can change over time. If the key is too well defined, it will point to the past and not the present.
- Ensure that you choose a supported project key format. Only formats that meet all of the following rules are supported:
- The first character must be a letter,
- All letters used in the project key must be from the Modern Roman Alphabet and upper case, and
- Only letters, numbers or the underscore character can be used.
Examples:- Examples of supported keys:
PRODUCT_2013, R2D2, MY_EXAMPLE_PROJECT. - Examples of unsupported keys:
2013PROJECT (first character is not a letter), PRODUCT-2012 (hyphens are not supported).