Alright, I've read through Atlassian's documentation on this a couple times and just need a sanity check to make sure I'm interpreting this the way I think I am.
This is what I'm referencing: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/
Scenario:
requests@domain.com needs to be able to open/update issues in Project A and all other projects need to continue using the default mail server
Setup:
When we create the incoming mail server itself, we can use pretty much any admin account from the mail server (preferably a service account) to authorize the connection.
Then when we get to the mail handler itself, we would use requests@domain.com as the catch email and also tie it directly to the Project A from the same handler settings.
This should enable Project A to use the requests address as a send/receive address for that project and that project alone while every other project will continue to operate over the default server as normal.
Am I missing something here or am I interpreting this correctly?