We're a small development team starting up a new project, and we thought we'd give the Atlassian line of products a try. We've tested Jira, Confluence and JSM, and like everything we saw for internal use.
However, one thing I'm very interested in is to create a solid collaborative experience with the customer, to a more limited degree. I'd like customers to have a limited view of internal documents, and be able to fill out information on specific interactive forms we could expose to them, without giving them the ability to edit anything. I would also like to provide the customer real-time data on progress, (such as the Kanban and roadmap) without giving them too much detail or the ability to drill down. And finally, I would like to provide them a means of giving feedback and bug reporting, without having them generate actual tasks in Jira.
In trying to make this happen, I started with permissions in Confluence and figured out how to selectively show pages to the customer, and removing their editing permissions for what they could see. But, when it came time to implement interactivity such as the Handy Status macro, or the Easy Status macro, I couldn't get anything to work. I've tried various forms apps, and they seem to work in a read-only scenario, but I'm not looking to collect new form data on each submission, I'm looking for a static set of data that everyone can edit, without being able to edit the page. I couldn't get anything remotely like bug tracking to work without implementing JRM, which is cost-prohibitive for a single customer and 3 programmers to use.
Are the Atlassian products capable of anything like what we're looking for?