Dear community,
Dear Atlassian,
Situation:
- I have a Confluence Cloud with different apps from the marketplace (vendors are Atlassian Gold - Platinum partners and no small / unheard-of companies in the Atlassian realm)
- I created some data with those apps
- I confirmed via /wiki/api/v2/custom-content API endpoint that the app data is present as custom content
- I export the space
- I confirmed all app data is present in the entities.xml file in the backup
- I imported the space to another instance for testing and development purposes having the same apps installed prior to install
- I confirmed that all pages and attachments are successfully imported
Issue:
- API endpoint returns empty array -> no data
- apps report "no data" (each in their way) -> data not present
- app macros come up empty (since no data is there to be queried)
Conclusion:
- import of spaces DO NOT restore app data stored in custom content entities!
(I tried the same with a complete site import, no joy there either!) - the result is total data loss of app data
I contacted some vendors who confirmed the issue to be present on their systems as well.
-> this is not related to my site or instance.
I don't think it should make a difference: apps are Atlassian Connect apps.
Some reported that they had tested this before and claim it worked, pointing the finger on Atlassian. (which, in my 20 years of experience with Atlassian, seems quite reasonable, since the export clearly has the content present and the import does not import them)
Did anyone experience the same?
Is there a known fix for this?
Can I recreate the data via an API endpoint reading the entitites.xml? Does that work? (I played around with it a little and I am not sure this will work...)
Thx,
Jay