Please check, I tried this but it is not working.
Source: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Set-the-status-of-an-issue-while-creating-it/ba-p/2206634#M930
Hi @Jimmy Trivedi , thanks for your question.
You should be able to set the status for the issue on creation in the workflow.
In this example, the workflow was set so that, on creation, the issue is created with the status, 'To Do'. But, if you wanted the issue to have a different status when it is created, you can just drag the arrow on the left that goes into the 'To Do' status and attach to another status in the workflow. Now, when I create an issue that uses this workflow, it will have the status of 'Test' and then move on from there in the workflow.
Otherwise, you could use an automation if you wanted an issue to go from, again in this case, the first status on creation to another one. You could use the issue creation trigger and then transition the issue to another status.
I am not sure I understood what you are trying to achieve.
If you need more help, please write back and myself or someone else can try to assist.
Cheers
Hi @Valerie Knapp Thanks for posting the answer, but you quite not understood my question. Let me explain it again. While creating the issue, I may choose different status according to use case. See the another project, how that option is coming.
Any update @Valerie Knapp ?
Hi @Jimmy Trivedi , thanks for your message.
This screen is telling you that you cannot add Status to the issue create screen, but it should be there by default, as you saw and as I have seen if I go to create an issue.
I still don't know if I have understood your question though. You can set an automation in the project on the trigger of the issue creation and transition the issue to a defined status.
Please give more feedback and myself or someone else will try to help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.