Hi All,
How to capture the previous Epic Link's Project category from a Story. I'm able to capture the Epic Link from changelog, But I want the Project category of capture Epic Link
Hi @Naga Raju Adapa welcome to the Atlassian Community.
A project category is linked to a project, not to an issue. In that case you can use a JQL condition:
category = <category name>
Or have you created a custom field called "Project category"?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You probably don't want to do this. Your issue will look wrong if a project changes category.
Hi @Dave Mathijs Thanks for the response, I'm trying to capture it from the Jira Automation. The Use case is, I need to capture and validate the Epic Link's Project category of a Story when changing from Open --> In Progress.
As an aside, why would you need to "validate" the project category every time a story moves to In Progress? How often does your project category change?
Hi @Kelly Arrey The requirement is, Validate the Story and it's Epic are from the same Category or not. Epic Link field is added in Transition screen of Open --> In Progress. So if Epic is not from the same Category of Story (it can be from different Project, but should be same category), then change the transition back to Open and clear the Epic link..... Is my requirement.
I'm able to capture the Epic Link from changelog, but unable to get the Project category of that Epic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.