I'm looking to have a location attribute that points to a Location Object Type for a physical asset to point to a user's Object Type for their location and then set the location for the physical asset Object.
That sounds confusing to me even typing it out.
I have Jane as an employee. She works in the London location. Jane's workstation name is LDN23. I have 3 Object Types: Employee, Location, and Workstation. I have two CSV files that I'm importing from. 1 is an AD export with employee's info including location and 2 is workstation info. CSV 2 knows that LDN23 is assigned to Jane but does not know the location. I import CSV 1 first and Jane's location is set in her object. I would like to set a mapping for CSV 2 that when it sees Jane is assigned LDN23, it will look at Jane's Object and look at the Location attribute that is set for her and automatically update LDN23 to the London Location Object.
I've tried multiple variations of object having outR or inR AQL commands and I'm to the point of almost being done with having the config built but this is the one item I need to conquer first. I've tried dot notation for referencing objects but have not had any success.
I have attempted what is listed in this documentation but it seems to be more for an Object Type that is referenced in the import CSV. Importing Asset object types with attributes referencing existing objects | Jira | Atlassian Documentation