Hi
I have specific users that are requesting no notification for any new issues/updates. How do I specifically remove them from being notified. These users are off certain projects in the short term (3-6) months and therefore I don't want to delete their current ID/profile yet don't want them to be burdened with unwanted notifications.
Thanks!
Are the users going to still be using Jira at all? You could just mark them as inactive (I assume you can do this in on-demand). This should stop them receiving any emails. It's standard practice in the downloaded versions of Jira, not too sure about AOD
If not you can change their email address to something else where the emails get trashed, just watch your logs for the SMTP server complaining.
Or you can re-assign / bulk update any affected issues so that they are now tied to an active user.
here are some links to the doco:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=253231663
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+application+access#Managingapplicationaccess-Grantingandrevokingapplicationaccessforanexistinguser
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Deactivatingauser
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/83009/i-want-to-delete-a-user-from-jira-on-demand-but-it-won-t-let-me
You can create dynamic list of notification recipients using our addon Raley Email Notifications. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo
What you need to do is to specify your own "Email or distribution list" and enumerate emails where the notifications should be delivered.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.