We're about to go live with JSM for managing our support desk but there's one piece of functionality lacking out of the box that I can't find a solution to and I'm wondering what methods others have used as a workaround.
In summary, we sell support packages in two ways; either as a set number of hours per month on a retainer basis (method A), or bulk packages of say 12 hours at a time that rolls forward until fully used up (method
.
At the end of each month I then need to report for each scenario, either to charge the client for hours used over and above their monthly allowance (method A), or issue renewals to those who have run out of support hours (method
.
Our support agents can log their time in JSM as you would expect, but there doesn't seem to be any functionality to introduce an 'allowance' to benchmark this against per client.
I'm sure this is a very common way of selling support services, so would be interested to discover how other users have managed this aspect of their business when using JSM?