I have a custom radio button field with two options, but in a transition, None also appears. Am I stuck with this, or can I remove None or use a different field type?
Hi Phil,
Make the field mandatory and the None option will disappear.
Hi Phil! This one goes over your question and the answers are great there, no use in recreating the wheel
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Radio-Buttons-custom-field-field-option/qaq-p/138006
The clarity you are looking for is with understanding the "Field Configuration Scheme" and "Field Configuration"
This is associated to your project(s) and maps a 'Field Configuration' to an 'Issue Type' for your project(s)
This determines the settings applied to every custom field including:
You have to be careful about making this Field mandatory because you need to make sure that it is applied only to the Project(s) and Issue Type(s) you want applied.
Hopefully this helps.
Kris
But...Set it as Required ('Mandatory') where? I don't see that configuration in the Configuration dialog box.
Please see my reply to Coley's answer: Where is Required set, please?
In Field Configuration
It sounds logical, but I don't understand how to trace my field back to a Field Configuration Scheme and set it to Mandatory. The field is in fact only used in the two issue types I need it to be, and I think it won't appear anywhere else.
I created a new Field Configuration, and in it, set my field to Mandatory, and reloaded my issue page. However, in my transitions, the field still shows option None.
Did you associate the Field Configuration with the Field Configuration Scheme used by your project?
Share a few pictures:
Anyone knows a solution that would apply only to transition screen and not creation screen?
It works, Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.