We are having an issue with our reporting where jira issues have a last updated date before the date a sprint was completed.
Is there a way to update all of our Jira issues in sprints after the sprints are completed?
I ended up using a Script Listener (Using Scriptrunner) with the following code. The code will edit a field on the issue, so that the ticket is updated.
Hi @Paul Madison
What problem are you trying to solve by doing that? Knowing that may help the community to suggest ideas to solve that problem.
In the meantime, you could create an automation rule, triggered on sprint completion, which makes an update to the issues in the sprint (e.g., add a comment).
Kind regards,Bill
we have a tool that scrapes data from Jira every night and put it into a database for BI reporting. The tool only pulls tickets that are updated that day, so if a jira issue is completed before the sprint is completed, the data in the jira issue still shows it is in an open sprint, unless we update the issues after closing the sprint.
I've looked at the "Sprint Completed" automation rule and it is limited to one board, so we would have to create an automation for each board. This isn't practical for us.
I found something in Scriptrunner I might be able to use, so I'll look at that.
Yes, that is the current behavior.
I recall seeing a suggestion to make the sprint-related triggers more generic, allowing them to be used in global rules for Premium license customers. (That may not be an option for Free and Standard license users, as the limits of global rule execution would quickly use up their execution limits.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.