I am demonstrating Jira's free version at my new job, but I can't seem to get swimlanes to appear. I see this help post, which says:
This page is for company-managed projects
✔️Verified
must be either: a project administrator for the location of the board a board administrator for the board itself
✔️ I created the board, and I am the only user, so far... I must be the admin, correct?
You can choose to set up your swimlanes in a variety of ways, as shown in the following table
✔️ I have enabled and created tasks, stories, and epics on the board.
Go to your board, then select more "..."
✔️ Found it
Then "Board settings," and click the "Swimlanes tab." ❌ This does not exist.
Hi @Thomas Grossi and welcome to the community,
If you are on a CMP you should be able to find swimlanes from the board settings:
What am I missing?
Hi Thomas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Can you share a screenshot or what you see?
My apologizes, I thought I'd attached a screenshot to the last reply...
This looks like you are not a project/board administrator, or you are not in a Jira Software project.
You say "created the board, and I am the only user, so far... I must be the admin, correct?", and no, that's not correct, other (system/jira) admins could remove you. But you are absolutely right that if you created it and are the only user, you probably are the admin (Jira won't let you remove the last admin from anything)
My instinct is that this is not a Jira Software project, especially given the options Summary/board/list/etc most of which only appear in Jira Work Management projects (where you can't do a lot of config on the boards, including swimlanes)
@Thomas Grossi based on the screenshot you shared, you are not on Jira Software, but you are working on Jira Work Management, which currently doesn't support swimlanes.
I am having the exact same issue. I created a new account on a free plan, am using Jira Software and created a company managed project, but the "...More" doesn't have a Board Setting. I have no other users and am the Org Admin (under Jira Administration)
Hi George - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It's not a Jira Software project if there is a More button on the board and it looks like the image above. That's a Jira Work Management project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.