I'm trying to migrate all the users from one verified domain inside of Atlassian to another verified domain. Both domain are completely different in name. So users now have the old domain in their emails and I want to move them to the new domain.
Do you know what steps to follow to move users from one domain to another without losing their records of tickets and everything and without creating second accounts with the new domain?
In the middle of all this, the log-in for users is through SSO through Azure AD from Microsoft. And I tested one account inside of Microsoft, switching their email domain to the new email domain inside of Microsoft Admin Center and then that user tried to use the Atlassian SSO and this is what it showed:
"Sorry, we detected an email change that is not supported by your organization's authentication policy. Please log in with a email address that matches your account."
What do I have to do to auto sync the account for Atlassian SSO? Should I switch the email domain for users accounts in M365 and re add the SSO? But then this error will show up as their email would be different to their accounts in Atlassian.
Any ideas how would this work without creating new accounts in Atlassian for each users with the new domain?