We're just starting out with JSM and learning working off current templates.
We commandeered the "Request an Event" Issue Type and changed it to Request Video Footage of an incident/event and added some additional fields for start and end times and location and description which all seem to save fine in both Request Form and Issue Views. We can even create a request through the Portal with all the additional fields accepting the information and even the agent portal showing everything in its designated place.
After an indeterminate time, the Request Form and Issue View seems to lose some fields. Unless I didn't change it, it appears that even the Request Type Description reverts back to the original description. If I add the missing fields back to both Request Form and Issue Views, they are then viewable in both areas again until they disappear again.
I tried searching for other cases but didn't find a solution.