I have Request types with People fields but I don't see how to link the People field to the forms. I'm using a Team managed project.
@DScherer -
In your FORM's configuration, you will need to use Single User or Multiple Users data element, then you can link the element to your "People" field.
Please take a look at the following references -
https://confluence.atlassian.com/proforma/user-guide-jira-admin-1087521315.html
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/link-a-form-field-to-a-jira-field/
NOTE that there is a limitation when linking to the people picker custom fields defined in your project -
FORM's user picker field that is linked to a Jira user picker field, will not reflect any constraints (filtering to specific groups) that exist on the Jira field). This limitation will be addressed in future development.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Thanks, I’ve been through both those articles a couple of times before unless I’m missing something I just can’t get the Form to show the People Fields from the request types.
For Team Managed project type, this may related with all People custom fields limitation with Automation for Jira product (same problem) -https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/limitations-in-team-managed-projects-for-automation-rules/
Have you thought of making the project as a company managed project?
Best, Joseph
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.