Hello there!
How do I add a component to a ticket using automation, not override the existing values?
Im creating an automation that needs to ADD a component when tickets are created in a project. The problem I'm running into is this is overriding any other components that may have been manually added during creation or already there from a recurring ticket.
I've seen some threads referencing some sort of JSON code or something... but most of these posts seem to assume that you have some knowledge of coding/computer stuff. As you can probably see, I do not have this kind of in-depth experience.
I found an article that says you can just add "copy from issue" - but this is from 2021 and this no longer appears to be an option at the moment.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automationkb/how-to-add-components-to-issues-with-automation-rules-in-jira-1021222395.html
Would somebody be able to explain exactly what I would need to change with my automation in order to achieve this? So fat, its a pretty basic build:
- When issue created --> and project = Aud --> Then edit issue (component) (Component A)
