I'm using custom Cascading field in Jira Service Management request form in the Jira Portal. Is there any way or workaround of using the Cascading field informationto expand alternative fields for the requester to choose?
I know that Cascading fields cannot be added to Forms, which would give more interactive experience for the requester with conditional Sections. Instead, Cascading field can only be added to Request form: Add a conditional field to a service project | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
Hi @Jani Gronlund
Maybe this article can help you: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Using-Cascading-Fields-with-Forms-and-Assets/ba-p/2318049
Hi Jani,
Why would you not just use the conditional sections in the form?
Cascading custom field cannot be mapped with the fields created in forms, not with dropdown or multiselect dropdown.
Understood - but you didn't answer my question.
If I use the conditional sections in the form, I cannot map any form field to Cascading custom field in Jira. I want specifically to map the field and not build the selection list inside the form, since the field value is used in several automation/Slack channel rules.
But I'm trying out now a workaround, with splitting Cascading field values; hierarchy level 1 in one dropdown custom field and level 2 in another dropdown custom field. This way I'd be able to map the form fields and custom fields and use conditional sections.
Thanks, looking into it!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.