Hi,
Using JIRA cloud and have script runner extension.However when tried to follow https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unlock-a-locked-jira-custom-field-using-scriptrunner-1167828785.html. There was an error indicating invalid imports.
-Jouni
Hi @Jouni Riimala ,
that workaround works just in a Server/Data Center instance and not on cloud.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Thx, good to know it. Problem is that I'm on cloud setup. Maybe not too late to create a new field for this usage if there are no other options.
Hello @Jouni Riimala
It is generally a very bad idea to unlock a locked field. They are usually locked for a very good reason.
Could you please explain to us the problem you are trying to solve, where you think you need to unlock a field to solve it?
You can't unlock a locked custom field on Jira cloud. There's actually no need for you to do so.
Seems that I cannot set locked field as required and field in question should be set. I however did workaround already so I created new custom field and ensured that it has relevant values within project.
What is really interesting is that locked field has been created by me and I don't get it why it was suddenly set as locked. Additionally it was defined only for one project..
Thx from the reply, see my answer to Trudy.
I can't speak to your claim that a custom field you created became locked. That is not something that Jira is designed to do. I would need to see evidence that it was a field you created and that it was locked.
Additionally, exactly what steps did you take to try to make it required?
Well, you set field to be required from the field configuration ... and there was no option to set it as required.
Anyway root cause is not known, but issue is from my viewpoint resolved for time being.
Why "no need"?
I trying hard to find the ability because the locking is a reason why this field isn't displayed in the Bug details.
I really can't understand how to solve it
Hello @Natalka Hrynenko
The Epic Name field applies only to Epic issue types and only to those issue types in Company Managed projects. That is why you can't apply it to the Bug Sub-task / Bug issue layout. That restriction is not because the field is Locked.
Additionally, the Epic Name field is being deprecated in Jira Cloud.
Epics in Company Managed projects have had two fields - Epic Name and Summary. The Epic Name field was typically used for a short name for the Epic vs. the longer information contained in the Summary field.
The Epic Name field was never used for Epics in Team Managed projects.
Because of the disparity between Company Managed and Team Managed projects in this regard, Atlassian is working to deprecate the use of the Epic Name field entirely.
Here is a reason to unlock a locked Jira field. Epic Link is no longer a value in Jira but it is a locked field. The field can't be deleted globally. Unlocking and deleting the field would remove it from all field configurations. Currently every project now has to be individually updated or we get to look at the deprecated field forever.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.