I have defined a number of components for a software development project.
Please advise if it is possible for me to reference some or all of those components in a Change Request.
Many thanks.
Hi @Pete Tiddy welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Components are project bound, i.e. limited to a single project.
This means that if you want to re-use the same component in another project (f.e. in both a service project as well as in a software project), that you'll need to re-create the components.
Thanks Dave.
I get that. But if I create the components in a Service Management Project can I refer to them in a Change Request?
Would I need to customize the change request workflow in order to do that?
You can link an issue in a service management project to an issue in a software development project via issue links, independent of the component associated to the issue.
You don't need to customer the change request workflow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.