When our monitoring system raises an alert, an issue is created in Jira Service Management via API call. This works fine, the key is also returned to the monitoring system.
When an alert is cleared, a status change of the issue should be send to JSM. If I manually execute the API-call via curl it works as designed.
However, when executing the similar status change from the monitoring system it failes with this error:
{
"errorMessages": [
"Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it."
],
"errors": {}
}
I'm using the same credential (even making the user admin does not allow me to change the status of the issue).
I'm using the following call to change the status:
curl --request POST \
--url 'https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/KEY-yyyy/transitions' \
-H "Authorization: Basic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=" \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data '
{
"transition": {
"id": "161"
}
}'
Any idea how to further investigate/debug what is going wrong here?