I want to do exactly what this article tells me to do - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/remove-or-delete-issues-from-an-active-sprint/
however, right clicking tasks in an active sprint does not let me select "remove from sprint" (its just not there in the list) I can however "Delete".
opening tasks I cannot edit the sprint field once a sprint has been assigned, this applies to tasks and subtasks.
I do not experience this issue for stories.
Hello @Lloyd Bullard
Are the Tasks and Stories from the same project?
Can you confirm you are working with issues in a Company Managed project vs. a Team Managed project?
I'm probably wrong on this one, but could you check that you have the permissions to "schedule issues" in all the projects included in the board?
The easiest check to do is go into the backlog of the board and see if you can re-arrange the issues in there.
tasks and stories are from five different projects pulled into one board. the projects were all cloned from each other and should have the same settings as well as a unified workflow and sprint cadence.
we are on company managed.
I have found out through trial and error that the way things are currently set up subtasks need to be in the same place as their parent user story.
this still leaves some tasks that I cannot move unless I expend a lot of effort, I would prefer to just be able to right click on them and shift them to another sprint or to the backlog.
I am the admin, and I can shift things in the backlog however I like - with the exception of subtasks attached to a story or parent task (which I have just found need to be in the same sprint together, you cannot move half of them into the next sprint) I can move anything I want from the backlog view.
I want to be able to reliably right click from the board and move stuff to a future sprint or into the backlog during standups and grooming sessions rather then having to click through multiple screens in front of the team, or make a note and do it later.
Hello Lloyd,
You said this only happens for Tasks. Can you please confirm the following:
1. On the Backlog screen can you pull a Task out of an Active Sprint (specifically an Active Sprint, not a Future Sprint) and put it in the backlog?
2. The hierarchy of issues in Jira is
Epic > standard issue types > Sub-task issue types.
You can create additional issues types at the Standard and Sub-task levels.
Please confirm that the Tasks where you encounter this problem are an issue type from the Standard level and not the Sub-task level.
3. Do you get the option to Remove From Sprint on the board for any Task type issue (vs. Story or Sub-task)? If so, is the problem limited to Tasks for particular projects?
This is happening for me too. I have stories that i can drag out of a sprint from the backlog view, but when on the active sprints view and choose remove from sprint it does not remove.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.