I seem to have no if/else block option in our Jira automation function. Why is that, please?
Hi @Phil Bustin , In issue field condition you will be able to see the if/else condition.
@Phil Bustin, Is this inside of a branching statement by any chance? The If/Else doesn't work inside of branching statements!
Thanks, Kian
Hello @Phil Bustin
Please show us the entire rule you have and where you are trying to insert the If/Else.
There are limitations to where it can be used. I believe it can't be used within a Branch, for example.
That appears to be untrue.
What do you mean by untrue can you please elaborate it
When I click "field condition" in the menu you see in my posted question, I only see:
I found if/else, by starting to create a new rule. When I clicked before the branch in the existing rule, I still didn’t see it, so I guess an existing rule precludes if/else if there’s a branch, period. I’m still not clear on why I needed a branch in the first place. Perhaps it’s unavoidable:
Please view my reply to Trudy's answer, above.
Having a branch doesn't preclude inserting If/Else before the branch.
Since you haven't told us anything about what you want to do with your rule I can't speak to why you need a branch.
The answer to your question is interesting but simple: I used as my model a Community post on transitioning the parent when all sub-tasks are done:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/How-can-I-transition-the-parent-when-all-subtasks-are-resolved/qaq-p/159407
Somehow, I thought I'd see the if/else option as soon as I clicked New component, but now I see that it is in the menu after I click New condition. It was hiding in plain sight, for days. :-)
Meanwhile, by copying the rule that works, and in the copy, changing within the branch the value in the condition and transition name in the action, I have a two rules that work together.
Just to know, why doesn't this attempt at a Rule with stacked conditions (that are actually mutually exclusive) within the branch work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.