I need to detect tickets wherein there in no comment for x number of days and then send a Chat (MS Teams) notification to the people involved in a ticket in case of absence of comments during a given period of time based on its urgency/criticality. Can anyone please suggest a way to implement the same.
PS: I am new to JIRA.
Thanks in advance.
Hello @abhishek burse
Jira does not have a native function that allows you to search for issues based on the date of the last comment.
Are you willing to consider a third party app to solve your problem?
If you are, you might consider Adaptavist ScriptRunner which add a function to search for issues based on lastCommentDate.
https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/scriptrunner-enhanced-search/jql-keywords
There are other third party apps that extend JQL search capabilities. You can find them on the Atlassian Marketplace.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=jql
Scriptrunner is the one with which I am most familiar.
I see you asked the same question in another post and received a similar answer:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Find-all-the-tickets-wherein-the-most-recent-comment-is-3-days/qaq-p/2289731
Hi @Trudy P Claspill Thanks for your reply. Actually I don't think we are permitted to use a third party app. I got to know about JIRA automation and probably I think it should work. I will update the solution here if I find anything.
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.