I want to have two statuses that could be selected during creating a task: Triage and To Do.
Triage, typically, will be used when coming from a front end form, but can also be used when a task is created and the user creating the task isn't sure what to do with it.
To Do is when a task needs to be done and doesn't require triage.
However, due to the nature of my workflow, I don't want users to be able to transition to either Triage or To Do whenever they want. What I want is that both Triage and To Do can be initial statuses or transition to each other or other statuses, but once they've been transitioned to, say "In Progress", they can no longer transition back to Triage or To Do.
Can that be done?
The only way I can get a status (other than the initial "Create" transition which can there only be one of) to be available when I'm creating a task is by allowing all statuses to transition to it. The moment I add a condition, I can't use it as an initial task.