I want to use the migration assistant in JIRA Data Center to JIRA cloud and wanted to know if there is any downtime or performance loss when that takes place? I want to do this to a trial instance of JIRA cloud so its only the Data Center instance that I am concerned about.
@Joe Casale ,
There isn't down time but there might be a performance loss. Ideally, this should be done during off hours.
If this is a test, you could test with one project. However, if you plan testing the entire site, this could take system resources for hours depending on the size of the data on the Data Center.
As a suggestion, test this on a test environment if possible.
Hope this helps.
-Ben
@Joe Casale Are you looking for any agency help out there?
I am hoping that with the tools and support from Atlassian that I wold not need an agency.
Thanks, I will try it over the weekend and see how well it works and what issues Ihave to work through
Sounds good. The Migration Assistant will have a pre-check. So, those will need to be fix first before running the migration, if any.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.