Migrate Jira to new server
Hey, @Malli_tech1993 please can you provide more context to your question? If you're referring to a blank instance or an existing instance.
Hello @Malli_tech1993
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Assuming you are planning to Migrate to a new cloud instance and not server Here are the steps I have seen work before.
1. Take a backup of your current cloud instance - Follow the steps listed here:
https://[Your Current Site Name].atlassian.net/secure/admin/CloudExport.jspa
2. Download the backup file to your local machine
3. Go to the new cloud instance and take a backup - I believe you have to do this step as you can't import a backup unless you have taken a backup from that site before :-(
https://[Your New Site Name].atlassian.net/secure/admin/CloudExport.jspa
4. Go to the Import Jira Cloud section of your new cloud instance - https://[Your New Site Name].atlassian.net/secure/admin/CloudImport!start.jspa?source=CLOUD
and follow the steps outlined there.
I am assuming your data back file is relatively small and you don't have to split the file as outlined in the instructions there.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Vish
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.