I have a couple of users (external) that should only have access to view one project. Meaning they should not be able to view any other issues in any other project.
I have managed to configure this by creating a Group for these users which is the only group they are attached to, and avoid giving permissions to "any logged in user" in any other project. I have tested and the result is almost what I want but not perfect.
I have logged in as the external user and I can see:
1 - If the user look in "View all projects" they can see 3 other projects but doesn't see any issues within the projects. But why are they visible at all in the list and no other projects? These three are Team managed and company managed software projects. I had expected the "View all projects" list to only show the project they have access to.
2 - If I, when logged in as the external user, use the Search bar in Jira, I can see some issues by Key and Summary (if I start typing some letters that matches a Key for example). They can see the names of the issues but they don't have the access to view the issues. I can't figure out why issues from some projects appear in the search bar when they don't have access to the project ...does anyone know?
Issues they can see in the search bar are from Team managed projects and Company managed projects.
Thanks!