The Importing Data from CSV - Atlassian OnDemand Documentation reads:
Updating existing issues From version 4.3 of JIRA Importers plugin you can update existing issues. Your CSV file needs to contain a column that during the import wizard is mapped to Issue Key. If an issue exists for a given key it will be updated.
Updating existing issues
From version 4.3 of JIRA Importers plugin you can update existing issues. Your CSV file needs to contain a column that during the import wizard is mapped to Issue Key. If an issue exists for a given key it will be updated.
I have tried this and there is no Issue Key to map to.
I have have found a workaround. Under JIRA Administration > System. Under IMPORT & EXPORT > External System Import select Import from Comma-separated Values (CSV). This wizard includes the 'Issue Key' in the field selection dropdown.
Eh? Look at one of the issues you want to update. The issue key is now on the screen in front of you next to the summary and it's in the URL as well. The bit that says project-number (JRA-123 or whatever)
Nic, I have identified the keys of the issues I want to update and they are listed in the CSV file but there is no option to map to them in the import wizard. There is no JIRA field for Issue Key.
Thanx - Very helpful input! This should be implemented in the official Atlassian support documentation
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same problem!
He was looking at the user importer which only allows for "create" and hence doesn't need issue keys He's solved it by using the Jira Importer which supports updates when given an existing issue key
Hi, Thanks! Been looking everywhere for a resolution to this. My problem was using the "Import Issues from CSV" option from the issues drop down, this does not have the Issue Key field as an option. Didn't bank on there being different import options from different menus! Thanks for the workaround!
Note that CSV import for users in Issues > Import Issues from CSV is limited to creating issues as per its respective documentation in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-636420874.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html is for the administrator as you can see the page location in the page tree on left-side.
Hello,
I have recently tried to update existing issues from a Jira file using the system Import external system. The debug log says it didn't import because the issue already existing. I do have a issuekey, summary columns in my csv with the number of the existing Jira issue. Any ideas how to solve?
I have the exact same problem. If anyone has any recommendations here on how to fix this that would be great!
I have the same problem,
you need to map import file issue key to issue key .. when you do you will see:You have selected Issue Key mapping. Please note that importer will update existing issues matching the Issue Key from the CSV file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.