When creating issue, the description text field is empty.So, I would like to have a prefilled (template) description.I tried to set it ,but I can't do that in company-projects.Could anyone teach me how to set it?
Hi @Ikumi Kunikane welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In Server this is possible, but not in Cloud, unfortunately.
Hello @Ikumi Kunikane
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Take a look at the answer on this post for a work around for setting up template text for the Description field in a Company Managed project.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Default-text-for-Description-field-on-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/785597
Thank you, @Dave Mathijs
I understood I cannot custom issue template in Cloud version company-managed projects.
Thank you, @Trudy P Claspill
I understood the following.
It cant be creating custom issue template in Cloud version company-managed projects.
But, something similar can be achieved for using workflow function.
Hi @Ikumi Kunikane
You can do it using our free app called Issue Templates Agent for Jira. With this app, you can create a template for every issue type in your company-managed software project. When you want to use this template, simply click Create issue (as always) and template will be applied immediately (if you set it as default in configuration) or you will select it from our custom field called Template. I really encourage you to try it
@Dave Mathijs you should also check this app! 😊
Best regards,
Kate
Thanks for the suggestion @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ . Will the app remain free?
Honestly, we don't plan to change it to paid addon in the nearest future. We need to develop a lot of features in this app to make it more valuable and scalable and some of them are not available to do it now due to Forge limitations. So it will be changed sometime but we don't have any specific date.
We also think to have two versions: free and paid as we did in our other app called Issue Merger. The paid version includes more advanced features. Probably, in this app, we'll do the same. But now Issue Templates Agent will remain free as long as possible 😉
Thanks,@Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
I installed the App and tried it.
It went well If I create an issue from "Create Button".(as below)
But, it couldn't go well If I create an issue from "Plus Button in Roadmap".(as below)
Is there a better way to address this problem?
You're right - Jira doesn’t support pre-filled descriptions out of the box in company-managed projects.
If you're looking for a way to create reusable issue templates (including prefilled descriptions, custom fields, dynamic variables, and even scheduled issue creation), I’d recommend trying the Smart Templates: Issue Templates and Scheduler for Jira app by TitanApps.
It works with Jira Cloud and Data Center and lets you:
Create and reuse templates across projects
Autofill fields (like description)
Add variables for dynamic values (e.g. due dates, mentions)
Use it with Jira Automation or the built-in scheduler
Even add checklists with Smart Checklist integration
Might be exactly what you’re looking for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.