Hi! I have noticed there are two python package APIs that seem to be referenced here:
I am not sure which is the official version, since they seem to be interchangeable. I have a basic cloud instance, and when trying to get a simple list of projects, I noticed one works, and one does not. I have created an API token via the website under the profile -> api tokens section. here is my code:
from atlassian import Jira
api_token = '<some token>'
prod_url = 'https://mysubnet.atlassian.net'
jira = Jira(
url=prod_url,
token=api_token,
cloud=True)
print(jira.projects())
print(jira.get_all_projects())
#returns [] an empty list
now if i use the other package:
from jira import JIRA
jira = JIRA(prod_url,
basic_auth=('user@domain.com', api_token))
print([x.key for x in jira.projects()])
#returns [proj_key1, proj_key2, proj_key3] as expected
with the 2nd package (jira) I get the expected response. with the first package I get an empty list. Is there something I am doing wrong with the atlassian-python-api ? This seems weird, but its my first attempt at using the python connector and am wondering what the best practices are.
Thanks-