What I did so far:
- Created an API token.
- Connected to the API.
- I retrieved all tasks within a specific project
I used the following endpoint:
rest/api/2/search?jql=project={{PROJECT}}&maxResults=3This returned:
object(stdClass)[1]
public 'expand' => string 'schema,names' (length=12)
public 'startAt' => int 0
public 'maxResults' => int 3
public 'total' => int 95
public 'issues' =>
array (size=3)
0 =>
object(stdClass)[2]
public 'expand' => string 'operations,versionedRepresentations,editmeta,changelog,customfield_10010.requestTypePractice,renderedFields' (length=107)
public 'id' => string '00000' (length=5)
public 'self' => string 'https://domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/00000' (length=56)
public 'key' => string 'xxx-000' (length=10)
public 'fields' =>
object(stdClass)[3]
...
1 => etc...What I want:
- Total number of issues in a specific status in a specific project ideally with one API call. Example: I want the total number of issues within the project with the following statuses: "In Progress", "Signoff / Review" and "Staged/Completed"
Note: I have custom workflow and custom statuses.
What I tried:
Several suggestions from the community forums and Stack but nothing worked.
Example:
rest/api/2/search?jql=filter=11111+and+status="In+Progress"&fields=id,key,status
https://synergix.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project="PROJECT_KEY"%20and%20(status="In Progress"%20or%20status%20=%20"Open")
What I am trying to do?
Currently the Jira Software UI does not have the ability to show total number of issues within my parameters. I need this information to generate reports and estimates.
I found the feature request for this on the forum but it's still in "Consideration"
I am using PHP Curl.