Hello,
I have a problem right now with Jira Automation:
Hi Vladimir,
You can not have a sub-task as a parent of another sub-task. Sub-tasks can only be children. So you need to replace the issue key for the parent. When it is processing, it is picking up Sub-task as a part of the JQL attached to the Scheduled trigger, then you are showing the current issue as the parent.
You need to modify the JQL to not include sub-task issue types.
Hi John,
In my case I need to create a sub-task with connection to a task.
I already have Task -> Sub-task and for automation I would like to create every year Sub-task for this Task with the same fields.
How can I achieve that?
Hi @Vladimir Sumilin
As far as I could understand your rule is creating a Standard Issue type, and not a sub-task.
Standard issue types, are already parents.
Subtasks have different icons, and they are the same even they are customized.
So the error is that you are creating a standard and trying to child this to a already parent task.
The way i found to reach your scenario
- Use lookup issues action to set the parent issue
- Use advanced braching to create a variable based on {{lookupissues}}
- Set the smartvalue as the variable under the
I hope this helps!
@Patricia Francezi_iDev_ thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it's still not working for me
Hi @Vladimir Sumilin please post your screen and configuration after changing as suggested. So I can see what's going on.
The rule i post worked perfectly.
Hi @Patricia Francezi_iDev_
Screenshots:
You probably just need to change the Parent to {{triggerIssue.parent.issue}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.