Our goal is to update the field "Request Participants" automatically with an automation whenever a ticket is approved by an approver.
The necessary steps for adding the correct approval step where taken within the corresponding workflow.
I can correctly get the approver who approved the ticket by adding [~accountid:{{approval.approver}}] into, for example, a comment.
I read in this forum that updating the Request Participants field takes the following JSON Code:
{
"update": {
"Request participants": [
{
"add": { "name": "NameOfTheApprover" }
}
]
}
}
It is important for us to update the field and not to just set it because we need to keep customers who where already added to said field.
Altogether out current solution looks like this:
{
"update": {
"Request participants": [
{
"add": { "name": "{{approval.approver.displayName}}" }
}
]
}
}
In the automations Audit-Log this shows as succesfull, however it doesn't show up in the ticket.
I already tried a lot of ways to get the approvers name and add it in this JSON Code (for example using the field identifiers from the corresponding REST Endpoint) but nothing worked so far.
Can anyone here help me with this issue?
I already searched this forum and could not find any working solution.
Thanks!