Hello,
I think the question is clear, screenshot for details:
I dont know why but the epics get transitioned correctly and the tasks stay in backlog...
Hi @Kevin Drescher
This symptom is caused by branch scoping: you are branching to the created epic so you can add the child Tasks, and later outside of the branch the newly created Tasks are not "visible" as created.
One possible fix for this is to remove the first branch, like below.
Kind regards,BillA follow-up: I find this behavior/symptom quite surprising, as branches on one-and-only-one-issue are described by Atlassian as run in-line, as if there was no branch, while multi-issue branches run in parallel and asynchronously. Seems that guidance has some variation to it :^)
@Kevin Drescher, Is there a transition from the initial status -> ROCKANDSTARS?
Thanks, Kian
Hey,
yes, the created issues (both epic and task) do not get a status when created and per default land in backlog. I then want to transition all of them to "rockandstars", which works, but only for epics somehow.
The tasks are successfully linked to the corresponding epics but they stay in backlog.
@Kevin Drescher ,
Add a transition step right after the task is created.
It kind of works, but somehow doesnt recognize the second epic.
The second variable tries to use the first created task instead of the epic just created before.
Like this
- Epic (Main 73)
---- Create Variable of most recent Issue = Main 73
-- Task (Main 74)
-- Task (Main 75)
-- Task (Main 76)
- Epic (Main 77)
---- Create Variable of most recent Issue = Main 74 ????
-- Task (Main 78)
-- Task (Main 79)
-- Task (Main 80)
---- Assign all Issues
---- Transition all Issues
What is going on here?
Hi, Kevin.
Sorry, as I did not see in your rule you were creating multiple epics, with associated tasks.
If you are trying to do this repeatedly (e.g., add an epic, add tasks, and link to that epic), you will need to repeat the pattern I suggested AND use a different created variable as a precaution. Something like this:
If instead I am missing something, please add an image of your complete rule, perhaps using a browser, scrolling image capture tool.
Can you make a screenshot of the
part?
I thought that thats what I am doing already by logging {{createdissues.get(1).key}}?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.