Hi Experts,
I have created a text custom field and want that to auto incrment automatically after every jira story is created.
For e.g if the first jira story has fieldvalue as PD1, the next jira story automatically gets PD2
I am using Jira cloud
Hi @Dheeraj Singh
Welcome to the community!
You can create increment and store a sequence number via Jira automation.
At a high level, you want to store a value with the key "sequence" (or whatever you want to call it) in the properties of the project. With each creation of a ticket, you can increment that value and store it again the issue. This is what your automation should look like:
{{#increment}}{{project.properties.sequence}}{{/}}
The above is an automation math expression which increments the number in between the start "{{#increment}} and the closing tag {{/}} of the expression.
{{issue.project.properties.sequence}}
Cheers,Jens
Released.so
Hi @Jens Schumacher - Released_so , Thank you for your reply.
I did as you said and the rule is getitng triggered with no error. However still the field which had to autopopulate was blank. I am not sure what i am doing wrong here.
I had set project property as {{#CRM12}}{{project.properties.ProductCode}}{{/}}
and in the edit issue i had below
Not sure where i am doing wrong
Hi @Dheeraj Singh It looks like you have replaced
{{#increment}}
with
{{#CRM12}
Not sure what the intention was, but {{#increment}} is critical here as this is the function that will increment the value within the function call. Basically, try replacing #CRM12 with #increment
Thanks again @Jens Schumacher - Released_so . I have replaced that and now i am getting below error
New config after replacing #CRM12 to #increment
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.