I have two custom fields, both are date and time pickers.
I would like to be able to calculate the duration of time between the two fields and express it as a third custom field.
I'm currently using a crude automation rule which edits the 'duration' field when the start or end fields are edited, with the value: {{customfield_10999.diff(customfield_11251).hours}}
This returns a number in hours. I could also set it to .days.
But is there a way to return it in minutes, if less than X minutes, hours, if less than X hours, and otherwise days?
Also, which field type would be best for the 'duration' custom field?
Thank you in advance!!
EDIT: I have discovered that simply removing the unit displays the time in all units, as seen here: {{customfield_10999.diff(customfield_11251)}}
However that just leaves the ideal Field Type to use to house this information. I have created a custom field with the Time in Status type, but this field doesn't show up as a target for Edit Field in Automation rules.
Is there a better custom field type to display a time duration?