I am using JIRA cloud
I want to add Component Column in Issues Basic Filter but I cant see the option.
Can I do that?
I am also sharing the Screenshot. If I tap on More and try to search Component there, I cannot find it.
Hi @usman_malik ,
You just have to click on the More option and type component and it will appear.
@Najm Polaris
Thanks for reply but I had already checked. The Component option is not available in more.
Hi @usman_malik
Are you using a Team-Managed or a Company-Managed project? You can see this at the bottom of the left-expanse area of the page.
If you are using Team-Managed, Components are not yet supported. Here is the suggestion to add that, however Atlassian indicated in May 2021 they did not plan to work on this in the near future. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17601
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy
Thanks alot for your response.
I am using company managed project. Can you please tell me how to view component?
Thanks.
Thanks for that information. I confirmed your result that Components, and in fact, many of the fields do not appear in that More dropdown...even when you search for them.
I found several related defects in the public backlog but only found a related one for Jira Server/Data Center. And the documentation does not say what is/is not supported for the More option...instead it suggest to switch to JQL or Advanced search when your field is not present.
As you appear to be site admin for a paid Jira license, I recommend submitting a defect to the support team for this symptom: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.