Hi,
We want to force the population of a "product code" field when a sub-task is created. For example if an issue is created with a product code of PC045 then we want any sub-task created to be populated by default (would be good if it could still be changed later) with PC045. This field is selected via a drop-down in the parent issue.
Yes, you can have fields inherit the value of the parents field.In the create issue transition you can set the "Set Field Value from Parent" option in the post-functions. You can either do this in the default workflow you are using for the project, or make a separate workflow for sub-tasks. When only using this post-function, changing the value of the field in either the parent or sub-task will have no influence of the others value.
You may try using the Copy to Subtask Plugin to automatically populate the customfield's value from parent issue to it's subtask.
Thank you!
Well, let us know if it helps, also you may mark either of the above answer correct if it helped you! :-)
hi Renjith,
has this changed with the current ondemand version - this is exactly what our Dev is asking for.....
thank you!
Mick, is this supposed to work in on-demand? I can't seem to find an according post function, nor does the Update Field function offer me to set the value from the parent.
Hi Ben, I checked a test instance of OnDemand. The function becomes available after the 'JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions' have been enabled. As far as I could see, normal adminitrator privileges should allow you to enable this add-on through the "Manage Add-ons" section of your instance.
Thanks, Mick! Works perfectly
Can someone point me to print screen, as this works, and as reflected in Subtask change as probe and had no results.
There's now a very easy to configure way to keep fields of parents and sub-tasks in sync using Automation for JIRA!
You can easily modify related issues (such as parents, stories, sub-tasks, epics, linked issues and even JQL) using our related issues action and condition:
(this example transitions sub-tasks, but you could easily change this to edit the sub-tasks with a field value from the parent)
For more details see https://blog.codebarrel.io/synchronize-parent-and-sub-task-issues-with-automation-for-jira-bdcca6c9d453
Hi Renjith,
I am trying to have the sub-task created with the same status as parent. I tried both of the below but the sub-task is still being created with 'New' status when I create one.
I tried to add the post-function 'Copy field value from parent issue (JMWE add-on)' [Set the value(s) of a field to the value of the same field in the parent issue] but this does not have Status field.
I have also tried to add a post function 'Copy Value From Other Field' to copy the status field from parent to sub-task which didn't work either.
How do I achieve this?
Thanks,
Divya
when i am creating a first subtask from parent issue it copies the values from one field to another but if i am creating second subtask from the same issue it copies the value of the same field from subtask not from parent issue from which i have created this second subtask.I am using post function Copy Value From Other Field.Please help
I solved it this way (jira v7.13.5 wit JWT plugin):
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.