Now I have a "Labels" dropdown field in my default issue creation screen. In that field, I can type anything I want and it becomes a label. But the labels don't have any colors. I want my labels to have different colors. How can I do that?
Hi @Maneh Hayrapetyan ,
Out of the box, all labels in Jira are grey. If you would like to add a bit more color to your issue, you are going to need an app. In my, admittedly biased, opinion Colorful Labels is a fantastic solution. If you give it a try and need any help getting going, let me know: The team and I are happy to help.
Best regards, Oliver
P.S. To make abundantly clear: I work for the vendor behind Colorful Labels.
hi @Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_ !
Tried the Colorful Labels in Jira! Just wanted to know if there's really no color when viewing the jira cards on the Jira board? Like in the image below, was expecting the "test" colorful label to have color.
This is what it looks like when I click on the Jira card.
Thank you,
Jordan Chua
Hi @Jordan Chua ,
Unfortunately, what you are seeing is the normal behavior currently. As of today, there still is no way for apps to render custom fields on boards or in searches, so that's why you're just seeing the text of the label.
We would love to be able to have color on boards and searches, in fact that is what got is interested in a feature like this in the first place. Alas, it's not possible today, but rest assured as soon as Atlassian expands Forge to allow this, we'll be first in line to get colorful labels on boards.
Hi @Maneh Hayrapetyan and @Jordan Chua,
you may also try our app Awesome Custom Fields to create color labels.
As with Colorful Labels, our labels can't be displayed on cards as well. But with an extension they can be used in Jira Service Management requests.
We are also always happy to get some customer input for new features, so you may also get in contact with our product team here: https://seibert.biz/acf-jira-demo
Cheers,
paul
Disclaimer: I am part of Seibert Media and the Awesome Custom Fields team
@Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_ Does the same apply to the view of the labels in the list view...that they don't show color? Basically - is it only in the full issue view that the colorful labels apply?
Unfortunately, at least for forge apps, the color labels only work in the issue view.
There's an open feature request at Atlassian: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/FRGE-135
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.