If a Jira Service Desk agent uses the create button within Jira the customer gets set up as "Agent raised this request via Jira". When we use the reply to customer the agent gets the email not the customer. We do capture the customer in an additional field called requester which is a custom field. However the customer notifications do not allow mail to them from the reply to customer. It is customers involved or reporter. Is there a way I could do a reply to customer?
Hi @Raoul Kaiser ,
You should be able to change the Reporter and set it to the customer. To me, that is be the most straight-forward way of handling this.
Best regards, Oliver
Can you explain how? I don't think I have attempted an automation like that.
Actually, I meant manually updating the field before replying to the customer, but I guess you could also try an Automation.
First, the customer needs to have already been added to JSM – since you have the customer in a different field, you should be good here.
Next, go to Project Settings -> Automation. Create a new rule there with the trigger Issue created. As an action, you should copy the customer from your custom field to the Reporter field. If I am not mistaken, that's the Edit Issue action which then allows you to copy a value from a different field.
Hope that helps, Oliver
I receive "Reporter can't be edited". Is that a setting I can turn off?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.