Hello,
I tried this already in two ways.
- A date triggered Event (1st step) where an Epic is created (2nd step). As third step I tried to use the transition issue and selected the status i wanted the Epic to appear in. I get this error:
The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Vorgang weitergeben
- The same Event but without the third step plus a second Event which is triggered when 1. an Event is created && 2. a certain term is in the Event description. Here the first event works but the second does not fire. The Event is created with "backlog" Status but not moved to the Status i want it to have.
I dont understand this. Its a super simple thing I want, just make the Epic appear in "selected for developmen" or in my case a custom status. How is this so hard to achieve?
Thank you for helping
edit: for the first way i already found the error (i use jira in german usually) in this topic with a similar approach of creating an event. Sadly nobody ever solved the problem: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/wie-umgehe-ich-diesen-Fehler-M%C3%B6chte-Aufgaben-automatisiert-von/qaq-p/1875753
edit:
two screenshots of the two approaches:

