I installed Issue Checklist Pro and I'm trying to automate adding a checklist to an issue when it moves to a particular stage. I want a mention within the checklist text that pulls the user from a particular custom field so the team knows who is responsible for which checklist item. For example, checklist item 1 would have an @ at the end mentioning the user in the "custom field 1" field.
So far, I have been able to pull the account ID and display name from the user in the custom field using smart values, but I cannot figure out how to actually get it to tag the person.
Is this even possible? If not, is there another checklist app / some other way I can do this without an insane amount of workarounds? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to add a checklist and mention a user in it. See below for a couple of options I've tried in the automation and what it returns after running. I've also tried doing this with account ID but get the same problem.
Thank you in advance!!

