Hi,
I was trying to add to an automation rule that when I clone a ticket in JSM it will automatically copy the comments from the ticket cloned to the target.I saw some discussions that are saying to use a smart value calle {{destinationIssue.comments}}.I cannot find ANY documentation mentioning it.I tried several variations but I cannot get anything out of it.Anyone was successful with that?
Thanks
Hi Dd!
From what I can gather:You have a JSM ticket and a Linked Issue, when the JSM ticket is Resolved you want to copy comments from the Linked Issue into the JSM ticket (or the other way round)?
Is this how you want it to work? Or could you describe it a bit more clearly?Posting a screenshot of your automation would be good as well
Hello @Dd
If you don't mind using an add-on, Elements Copy & Sync can help you do exactly this. It's free for Cloud instances up to 10 users and has a 30 days free trial for all.
I'm the Product Manager of the app, so I can help you if you have any question. Basically, it lets you clone issues with customised options (you can clone everything, or just specific fields) and then can synchronise comments between the original issue and the clone automatically. You can also directly copy and synchronize comments between any linked issues.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Julien
Hi Tobias,
Thanks for replyingWhat I'm trying to do is clone a ticket in JSM and get the comments in.
When you clone a ticket in JSM today, unlike JIRA, it does not copy any of the comments.
All the posts talk about creating an automation using {{destinationIssue.comments}} (or some other version). I tried using that but it just won't recognize a smart value named like that.
The message I (mo matter what variation I try with {{destination}} get is :
Hi Julien,I'm at the point of assessing JSM.Once we decide - I'll look into your product as well.Thanks
Hi @Dd
I'm Luka from codefortynine. Our marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira is able to clone comments and even add new comments with Jira smart values when needed.You can either use a Single Clone from the Actions Menu ··· in an issue you want to clone or use the Bulk Clone feature to clone multiple or all issues of your JSM project and configure it to include comments under Clone additional fields.With the Clone and Edit feature, you can also use the Field Editor to add new comments while cloning and have the app dynamically set the comment text with Jira smart values.
Hi Dd,
This can be achieved by leveraging automation. Please refer to the snippets for designing the automation rule that helps in copying all the comments in case of cloned issues.
HI @Subhra Majhi Can you upload the pictures again, I can't see them.
Hi, @Subhra Majhi Can we create this rule for JSM to Jira Software?
I tried this version but the comments are added to the main issue not the cloned one.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.