Hi everyone
I'm trying to send a slack message to a specified channel that sums up the story points of each of my team members at the end of sprint. my biggest problems is that the sum function doesnt seem to like to be published as text on the slack messages. Also it seems when I do look up issues I pass in an array of all issues.
Hi @mgilpatrick
Would you please most images of your automation rule and the audit log details showing the rule execution? Those may provide context to explain what you are observing.
Until we see those...When you want just the sum of values from Lookup Issues, please use something like this:
{{lookupIssues.Story points.sum|0}}
I added a default value of zero in case there are no sizes.
When instead you want to do this by different people, try using conditional list filtering, by person, or multiple calls to Lookup Issues with different JQL.
Kind regards,Bill
When I run this this is what I get. A lot of messages. how would I get it to send 1 message with each engineers story points?
hi i sent details below
Thanks for that information, and I think the problem is your schedule trigger has JQL. Try removing that, and adjusting like this...
Or if you have many potential assignees you may make this dynamic for any number of assignees. This can help has rules have a maximum step (component) limit of around 60.
How that one works...
I feel like this is so close Let me attach what happens when I did that
please note that initial look up which is assignee agnostic returns an issue
Here's the branch
here's the full JQL I use underneath the branch
project = "EN" AND status IN ("Done","completed", "Released to Design Repository","Released to Production") AND sprint in opensprints() AND assignee = varAssignee
how should this JQL return a query when it includes the created variable / smart value? Right no it returns 0 issues which I think is the problem. there's 1 issue that's completed that should fall under this query if it's testing for each assignee. (see above)
finally here's the output which is strange to me.. it only messaged once ( the line below new is from 1 run)
When I tried to validate query it says 0. right now there's 1 ticket thats supposed to be coming through from that query for 1 person ( we just started a new sprint)
From what I can tell it ran through and found no one and then couldnt send a name based on that. But the question is why is it not picking up that 1 ticket?
Also how to do I get it not to even run once or to return that it found no one?
Hi @mgilpatrick ,
I've recently designed a Jira-Slack Integration app on Actioner. You can check it out here.
For now, it does not include story point calculation feature however it would be easily implemented by following these steps:
1- Create an action that calculates the sum of the story points.
2- Add 'sprint : closed' event to your webhook on Jira.
3- Add a new step to the workflow named "Get issue event from Jira" that triggers the action created in the first step whenever a sprint is closed.
In case you're interested I'd be more than happy to help you with such a customization.
Best,
Tugba
thanks for the effort but this actually didn't help me
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.