How does an administrator copy protect original content on Confluence? I am talking about simply disabling the ability to highlight, right click, copy and paste into a document. WordPress has plugins for this feature so was wondering if there is an add on for Confluence that I'm missing. Thank you.
Not really. Once the content is with the user's browser, there's not a lot you can do to stop it being replicated if the user wants.
The Wordpress plugins will stop the casual user, but they're easy to bypass. They're like an Englishman telling you that you can't take a photograph when you're on public land - they'll politely ask you not to, and sometimes put up signs, but technically you can ignore them and get nothing more than a disapproving stare. Most people will be polite in return and respect it, but there's no way to stop them if they don't.
Not the cleanest, and not foolproof, but it will keep the honest people honest.
.noselect {
-webkit-touch-callout: none;
-webkit-user-select: none;
-khtml-user-select: none;
-moz-user-select: none;
-ms-user-select: none;
user-select: none;
}
Thanks Milo, I was missing two of those in my notes.
Thanks for your response, Nic. Yes, just trying to stop the casual user!
Thank you, Milo. I'll try this out.
I was hoping that was the case. I think you'll be marking Milo's answer right shortly after you do some testing.
I found that this can be done without the CSS Stylesheet macro or editing the Look and feel.
Simply add this to the Styles field of the Div macro:
-webkit-touch-callout: none; -webkit-user-select: none; -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none;
image2016-10-21 10:14:48.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.