Hi, I read https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-template-296093779.html#CreateaTemplate-Templatevariables and I tried following the instruction but to be honest I can't see how to add a variable to my template.
When I write /variable nothing happens/shows. There is no problem with the placeholder (attachment), but I can't find /variable on the list of possible elements to add.
Do you know why I can't use that option?
Hi @Michał Kukuł ,
When you say template, did you try to create a space or a global template? The variable macro is only available there. If you e.g. try to create a normal page that would act as a template, then yes, you will not find the variable macro there. Read more about space templates herehttps://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-template/ and about global templates here https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-global-template/
Hi @Alex Koxaras -Relational- ,
Quite strange - I tried both (more attempts with the space templates). Today, suddenly, in both cases, it's working
I believe it could be my mistake with the language. We use polish Jira but I thought that the names of features can be used in English too (like in other places). Especially as in the case of "/placeholder", I did not have to enter "/tekst zastępczy" to find it. I'm almost sure I also typed "/variable" as "/zmienna", and it didn't find it, but now it works. Maybe Jira fixed it, or maybe Friday afternoon affected my focus
Anyway, thanks for the reply, and glad it's working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.