Hi there,
I might be asking a question that has been answered before but somehow I did not get the full picture of how to fulfill this.
How to Set a new issue type that has a restricted view only for a certain groups in Team managed jira?
Hello @Mimi Peters
Note that in Team Managed projects Issue Restrictions can be used to restrict access to Types of issues only for Project Roles, not for user groups.
Additionally restrictions can be placed on individual issues
Have you already reviewed this community article?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Announcement-Control-access-to-your-issues-on-next-gen-using/ba-p/1430115
And this is the reference in the product documentation for Issue Restrictions in Team Managed projects:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-team-managed-projects/#Setupissuetypesinnextgenprojects-restrictIssueTypesRestrictaccesstoanissuetypeinyourteam-managedsoftwareproject
I also have found a few open issues related to Issue Restrictions in Team Managed projects:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-22535
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76372
Hi Trudy,
The padlock is not visible for me and not found anything called "Restrict Issue", perhaps I need to set the whole project access to Limited or Private first?
Do you meet the prerequisites mentioned in the first article?
You must either be on the Jira Standard or Premium license plans. You are assigned to a role that has the SET_ISSUE_SECURITY permission. Admins and users assigned to the Member role are given this permission by default. Learn more on how to grant permissions to roles in next-gen.
You must either be on the Jira Standard or Premium license plans.
You are assigned to a role that has the SET_ISSUE_SECURITY permission. Admins and users assigned to the Member role are given this permission by default. Learn more on how to grant permissions to roles in next-gen.
Yes we are on Jira Standard and I can set issue security as I did that for CMP before, mmh perhaps we should contact Jira support?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.